Effective March 26, 2021 in-person access for those who feel that they cannot be served by email, online transaction, drop-box, phone or fax will be available to residents and contractors wishing to conduct business with the Building Department. Access to the Building Department is via the Town Hall Monroe Avenue side entrance ramp ONLY.
All members of the public who enter the building shall: 1) Wear a face covering, 2) sign the "Assumption of Risk & Waiver of Liability required for entering Town Hall form" which also provides for contact tracing purposes, if need, and 3) have their temperature taken and remain at all times in the designated area for in-person discussions. Persons with temperatures at or above 100 degrees shall not be permitted in Town Hall.
HOW TO SCHEDULE AN INSPECTION:
Please do not leave telephone messages to schedule inspections. Send an email to [email protected] and provide the address, permit number, type of inspection required and a 24/7 reachable phone number and our staff will get back to you. Please allow up to two (2) business days for a return call.
A plastic container for receiving applications for construction permits is located on the ADA ramp landing on the Monroe Avenue side of Town Hall. The container is available Monday-Friday 9:00AM-4:00PM.
- You may visit the Building Department office via the side side entrance, drop off or pick up forms and permits in the plastic container labeled Building Department located on the ADA ramp landing on the Monroe Avenue side of Town Hall. The container is available Monday-Friday 9:00AM-4:00PM.
- If you have any questions regarding the Application for Smoke Detector, Carbon Monoxide and Fire Extinguisher Compliance, please call Fire Prevention Officer/Marshall, Fred Depken at 201-891-7000 ext. 3020.
- If you have any questions regarding the Application for Certificate of Approval for Resale, please call the Building Inspector, Tom Gensheimer at 201-891-7000 ext. 3000.
- If your building project includes a Planning Board or Zoning Board of Adjustment approval with conditions an/or your building project includes a Stormwater Management approval you are responsible to monitor the completion of all applicable conditions. The Township does not have the staff to provide construction management services since the Township typically inspects 1,400 projects each year.
- Please Note: Inspections must be scheduled by emailing [email protected], please provide the address, permit number, type of inspection required and a 24/7 reachable phone number and our staff will get back to you. Allow two (2) business days for a return call.
You may reach our technical staff as indicated below:
- Fred Depken's office hours are Monday - Friday: 9:00 am to 11:00 am. Call 201-891-7000, ext. #3020.
- Building Inspections take place Monday - Friday: 10:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Thomas Gensheimer's office hours are Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 am to 11:30 am. Call 201-891-7000, ext. #3000.
- Mark DiGennaro can be contacted directly by email only to [email protected].
Be Advised: If you or your contractor are found to be performing work without the required permits, fines will be issued. Fines can range from $500 to $2,000.
|Fred Depken||Property Maintenance/Zoning Enforcement Officer/Fire Marshal||(201) 891-7000 ext. 3020|
|Mark A. DiGennaro||Township Engineer/Subsurface Septic System Engineer||(201) 891-7000 ext. 3010|
|Thomas Gensheimer||Construction Code Official/Building Subcode Official||(201) 891-7000 ext. 3000|
|Cindy Risseeuw||Building Department & Board of Health Secretary||(201) 891-7000 ext. 3040|
|Natalie Huizing||Clerical Assistant||2018917000, Ext. #3030|
|Hunter Clements||Clerical Assistant||201-891-7000, Ext. #3060|