Storm Water Management Approval

When Storm Water Management Approval is Required:

Prior to any construction permit review by the Township Construction Office, a storm water management approval is needed if your proposed construction activity includes:

  • Construction of a one or two-family residence or applications involving the demolition of an existing one or two-family residence.
  • Enlargement or expansion of an existing one or two-family residence in which the completed development shall have a roof surface area which is more than 33% greater than the existing roof surface area.
  • Construction of an in-ground pool.
  • Applications for storm water management approval must be submitted to the Township Engineer, in the Construction Office before a construction application is submitted and the application must include the following:
  • 2 copies of a grading plan prepared by a professional engineer licensed in NJ that includes, topography, elevations and drainage patterns. A written certification from the professional engineer certifying that there will be a zero increase in storm water runoff as a result of the proposed project.
  • 2 copies of a landscaping plan showing existing and proposed trees, vegetation and proposed seepage pits and/or dry wells for the project.
  • A $500.00 fee is required for the Township Engineer to review the grading and landscaping plan.

Read the Wyckoff Municipal Stormwater Management Plan here.

After approval by the Township Engineer and prior to the issuance of a certificate of occupancy or approval for construction performed in accordance with this requirement, the applicant's professional engineer shall certify in writing that the construction and/or landscaping was performed in accordance with the grading plans and that there is a zero increase in storm water runoff.

No construction permit shall be issued for any project applicable to this request when in the opinion of the Township Engineer; the application fails to provide zero increase in storm water runoff.

Applicants and builders should plan ahead and provide time in their project schedule for the approval process.

Other improvements and alterations not listed may need a permit; therefore, please call the construction official at (201) 891-7000 ext. 301 to make certain. All construction permits are obtained from the Construction Official in the lower level of the Town Hall. If building permits are not obtained for improvements, penalties are imposed.

Please call Town Hall at (201) 891-7000 if you have any questions.