Tax Exemptions

Tax Deductions:

There are several tax deductions available to qualifying residents. These include:

  • Disabled veterans exemption
  • Veteran deduction
  • Un-remarried widow of veteran deduction
  • Un-remarried widow of disabled exemption
  • Senior citizen deduction
  • Surviving Spouse (55 years or older) of existing senior citizen deduction
  • Disabled person deduction

Please see below for qualifying information or contact Tax Assessor's office.

Qualifying Information:

Senior citizens and disabled persons wishing to apply for a $250 deduction in taxes may contact the Assessor's Office for an application. Limitations for income and residency apply. Click here to download the application. In addition, click here for the required income eligibility form.

In order to qualify for the $250 senior citizens deduction you must:

  • Have a combined income of $10,000 or less, excluding Social Security or Federal Government Retirement/Disability Pension including Federal Railroad Retirement Benefits or State, County, Municipal Government and their political subdivisions and agencies Retirement/Disability Pension.
  • Be 65 years or over
  • Own property in Wyckoff as of October 1 of the pre-tax year
  • Be a full-time (legal) resident of Wyckoff

Veterans, who were honorably discharged and actively served during the following wars may apply for a $250 deduction (click here to download application). Dates of induction/service apply. :

  • Operation Northern/Southern Watch
  • Operation Iraqi Freedom
  • Operation Enduring Freedom
  • Joint Endeavor/Guard Mission-Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Restore Hope Mission-Somalia
  • Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm
  • Panama Peacekeeping Mission
  • Grenada Peacekeeping Mission
  • Lebanon Peacekeeping Mission
  • Vietnam Conflict
  • Korean Conflict Lebanon Crisis of 1958
  • World War II
  • World War I

In order to qualify for the Veteran deduction you must:

  • Own property in Wyckoff as of October 1st of the pre-tax year
  • Be honorably discharged from active service and have DD-214 papers along with discharge papers
  • Have served in one of the conflicts listed above
  • Be a New Jersey resident

All applications for the deductions referenced above may be obtained during regular business hours or by calling (201) 891-7000 ext. 114.