Municipal Court Records

To obtain a municipal court record, your local Municipal Court Violations Bureau will provide you with a N.J. Judiciary Records Request Form and answer any questions you may have.

The N.J. Judiciary Records Request Form can also be accessed and submitted electronically.

The Open Public Records Act (OPRA), is not applicable to the Judiciary branch of government.  The Courts are guided by Court Rule 1:38.

There are exemptions from disclosure by law, rule or court order.  Some examples would include the location of a domestic violence victim, the name of a child victim of sexual abuse, or expunged records.