What events require Temporary Food Handler’s Licenses?

Individuals or groups planning to hold events that are open to the public must obtain a license. The following are a few examples of events that typically require a license:

  • A fair, carnival, music event or circus
  • Community celebrations
  • Public exhibitions
  • Sports events
  • Fundraisers
  • Craft fairs
  • Open houses
  • Houses of Worship (advertised events)

A license must be obtained for each food booth operating during an event. The requirements do not change if the food is being sold or provided at no charge.